Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I’ve Loved You So Long & The Duchess


I’ve Loved You So Long is set in modern day France and follows the reentry into everyday life of Juliette Fontaine after serving 15 years for murder. The Duchess is set in late-1700s England and follows the entry into high society of Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire, after her mother oversees a match with the Duke. The settings and circumstances couldn’t be more different, but both movies are essentially about the same thing: the lengths to which a mother will go to care for her children.

Things you should know:
Both movies are excellent.
Each features a starring lead from The English Patient.
I loved The English Patient.
Keira Knightley is more talented when she’s wearing a bustle.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I’ll still love The English Patient.
Ralph Fiennes adds another well and true bastard to his resume.
Do you really think your snickering is going to make me cave after all these years? The English Patient was great. Back off with your newfound backlash courage.
ILYSL is in French w/ English subtitles, “look at the big brain on Kristin, acting in a second language!”
The English Patient.

1 comment:

NorthPhxAgent said...

I think I saw The English Patient with you... on your 47th viewing... in NYC. And yes, I love it too. Didn't get The Duchess but will give ILYSL a try on my Netflix qeue, which has gotten stale. HB