Wednesday, February 21, 2007

To San Jose, or not to San Jose?

A question for you, faithful reader. You live in Long Island City, Queens. Your usual Netflix distribution center, i.e., the return address on most of your mailers, is in Flushing, Queens. You receive a Netflick from a d.c. in San Jose, CA.

Do you a) dutifully return your Netflick to the San Jose address drawing out the return phase of the flick-cycle, taking you out of the game for 2-4 days, or b) piggyback the San Jose disc in a Flushing envelope?

Seems easy enough, so let's increase the level of difficulty. The only reason Netflix mailed from California is that the first TWO times they mailed from Flushing this particular title arrived cracked.

What would you do?

2 comments:

Urinal Cake of Doom said...

I'd piggyback it to Queens. Why should you have to be punished for their cracking the dvd?

What's funny about this to me is I once lost one of the return envelopes and got all flustered cuz I didn't know what to do. I had to read the faq about piggy backing, and then I was like, "duh!"

Will Meekin said...

Piggyback it is. Oink, oink.

It did take TP explaining to me that the return-processing time I might save shoving all 3 movies in one envelope might be outweighed by the risk of losing all 3 movies at once.

Netflix seems pretty easygoing about loss when it's one every 6 months, but 3 in a week might be pushing it. So I piggyback judiciously. (Can I type "oink" again now?)

...oink.